Monday, August 8, 2011

Zucchini pizza

Happy Monday y'all! My weekend was wonderful and relaxing and filled with cooking. I am so grateful for the rain this weekend for many reasons, it will help water the very dry area and specifically the farms that provide my CSA. Also, the rain afforded me a reason to curl up inside and dream of fall. It was a glorious weekend that allowed a lot of cooking.

Last week a good friend gave us this huge and beautiful zucchini.


Whoa doggie-that is a big zucchini. I also had a smaller zucchini and yellow squash from the CSA this week - tis the season. So when I saw this guy I knew what I had to do.



Thanks to my addiction to pinterest - I have been dreaming of this recipe.  Well this honkin' zucchini was just the guy to make my dreams come true.

It is as easy as it looks. All I did was cut up the big-guy as evenly as possible.


Plopped on some spaghetti sauce that was in my fridge and some light mozzarella.



Then I topped 'em off with some turkey pepperoni. I cut the pepperoni into quarters because I like the ratio better and because I'm the decider.


Then I slip them into a preheated oven set to 425 degrees for 15 minutes. I poked them with a fork to see if the zucchini was cooked through. Then for fun I topped with a little parmesan.



How easy is that? They are SO GOOD! Do it today. I would like to bring your attention to the little guy in the middle who is losing some cheese. People this is serious- cut the zucchini more evenly and straight than I did on that one.

We had a couple for lunch and went crazy for them. If you are into low carb things this is a good option or if you're like me and have zucchini everywhere this is a really fun way to eat one.

Now what to do with the remaining 2/3 of this zucchini....

Zucchini Pizza
Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

Also - if you haven't checked out Pinterest.com - come on over and join the fun! I'm slowly working my way through some of the recipes I've pinned. It's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment