Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Frittata love

Things I love most on the weekend: brunch with friends and eggs.

It is not a secret that I love eggs. I often whip up some scrambled eggs loaded with veggies and topped off with salsa for lunch or dinner. Sometimes if I'm feeling adventurous I'll throw in some cheese. I mean who says I live on the edge?

Also, I used to share sauteed zucchini and eggs with toasted italian bread as a light lunch. Fresh summer tomato slices on the side is to. die. for.  I am already mourning the amazing fresh tomatoes I chomped on this summer. So sad we have to wait months to get a fresh juicy tomato.

This brings me to the point of my ramblings of eggs. Recently, I hosted a brunch and wanted a to serve eggs but not my usual scrambled variety. I chose a frittata over a quiche for a few simple reasons.

One, no crust to make or buy. Two, I don't find the crust all that enjoyable in my eggs. Three, this is so easy-peasy and really I am all about easy for brunch.

My version of frittata included some spinach and mushrooms.  So delicious. Cheese would be fabulous in this as well, but really what food doesn't cheese improve?



If you've never made a frittata you should. There really is no need to jot down a recipe. Saute up the veggies, dump eggs over (I used 8 eggs for 5 people), let it set, and throw the pan into a 400 degree oven for a few minutes until eggs are no longer "jiggling." Serve your amazed crowd. 

What's your favorite brunch food?

No comments:

Post a Comment