Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kale Chips

I've been a slacker (or as I once misspelled in college and have yet to live down, slaker) lately on the posts. I have actually been cooking quite a lot but I have been too busy to then post the good to the blog. So I'm going to double-post today!

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner!! 

Chicken dinner candy? Who knew!

Anywho, we've gotten kale almost every week in our CSA. Now I like kale as much as the next gal but really combine that with about two bags of salad greens, perhaps a Boston head lettuce and often Swiss Chard and you've got a lot of green leafy veggies every week. So we've been eating a lot of kale chips which is fine with me because they are addictive. 

I'm not showing you anything particularly new or unique about kale chips but let me walk you through how we enjoy them best. 




Cut the kale off the stalks. I find these to be way too tough to leave on and I typically cut the leafs in half. I drizzle a little EVOO, salt and pepper, and recently a (generous) dash of chili powder. Bake at 350 until they're pretty crispy and dried. These took about 25 minutes. 

Don't mind the blurry photo :/ 

I think they are super crunchy and actually really satisfy my craving for chips. Also they are greens so you know they are much better than a potato chip. 

I made this batch when Joel was out for a run. When he returned he asked where the whole batch was. Oops, I ate a quarter... 

ok a third....

OK HALF the batch as soon as they were out of the oven before he got home. I told you addicting. 

Betcha can't eat just one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment