Friday, December 30, 2011

Roasted Eggplant Dip

I need to share a quick and zippy recipe for New Years Eve or anytime you want to serve something delicious. If you guessed this is a Martha recipe you'd be wrong but close, Barefoot Contessa. The first time I had this I thought I would die and quickly became obsessed with eggplants but that's another story. Anyway the moral is this is universally loved and adored so make it today and serve it to your friends to show them how much you love and adore them.

Start with these bad boys.


Oh and be sure to add some garlic which I did at the last minute. Oops.

Roast 'em up.


Until they look like this.


Zip 'em through the food processor with two heaping tablespoons of tomato paste.




I told you this was easy. I enjoy it with a whole wheat pita that is soft not in chip form. A girlfriend of mine has tossed this with warm pasta and I imagine that is unbelievably good. 



Roasted Eggplant Dip
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa 

  • 1 medium eggplant
  • 2 red bell peppers, seeded
  • 1 red onion, peeled
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, chop eggplants, peppers, onion, and garlic. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper in a 9 x 13 pan. Roast for 45 minutes stirring once. 

Cool for 10-15 minutes then pulse in food processor with tomato paste until desired chunkiness.

Serve with chips or pitas. 

Enjoy! 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment