Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin everything!

I've finally accepted the harsh reality that we are in the middle of fall - and by extension on a quick march to winter  - it's the winter part that can bum me out.  However, I've fully embraced the season and have throughly enjoyed all things autumn.

You guys, I love a theme. I mean I really love a theme. This week as I was planning my grocery list for the week I was inspired by the vegetable of the season....pumpkin! For the past couple of weeks I've been enjoying pumpkin coffee but that was just the start. I know there are approximately 4.9876 million pumpkin recipes rattling around the web. So I thought I'd add to the clutter umm I mean party.  Throughout the week I will share four pumpkin recipes! Get excited people.

Today's feature is a pumpkin smoothy.


Pretty right? Don't be afraid the pumpkin flavor is muted and not overwhelming thanks to the other ingredients.

I happened across this recipe thanks to pinterest and Redhead Recipes. Check out her site for the original post.  I tweaked her recipe a little bit. I omitted the ice mostly because I forgot about it but it made the smoothy a desirably thick treat. The result was delicious and produced 3 servings.

My version used:
2/3 cup pumpkin puree (the out of the can variety)
1 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 cup skim milk
a good shake of cinnamon, ginger, cloves

Then just zip it through a blender and enjoy!

In other autumn-loving news Joel and I recently went through a corn maze. It the first time for both of us in the fall-favorite. It was really fun.  The maze even had a riddle you could solve with clues throughout the 3.5 mile maze! This ain't your mama's maze.  Actually, I have no idea if that's true since this was my first corn maze but it really was fun.


Here we go! 


Joel has the map. Where are we going?


A view from inside the maze.


A clue! 

What fun fall-themed activities or foods have you enjoyed?


No comments:

Post a Comment